Learn why safety in your parking lot is paramount to the success and reputation of your business.
When a customer comes to your business they expect good service, great products, and overall positive experience. What they don’t expect is to experience injury due to a fall or collision out in the parking lot. Even so, that’s an absolute possibility, and it becomes quite plain to anyone who looks over a lot and sees cracks, potholes, or old, worn away pavement striping.
Falls account for nearly one-third of all non-fatal injuries in the U.S according to the National Safety Council, and the same study, drawing from statistics provided by the CDC, asserts that “Every 20 minutes, an older adult dies from a fall.” How does your parking lot stack up in terms of good maintenance and safety? Could you be doing more?
Easy Methods of Ensuring a Safe Parking Lot
As a business owner, you have a duty to provide a safe environment for both your employees and customers both. While most businesses take this task very seriously, ensuring a safe parking lot area is one of the parts of this process that frequently goes ignored. The good news is that providing a safe parking lot is not difficult. Use these guidelines to make certain your asphalt parking lot is safe.
- Provide adequate parking lot lighting – Poorly lit parking areas create a very common and quite serious risk for tripping and falling. Additionally, bad parking lot lighting that features too many shadowy areas are substantially more likely to be plagued with criminal activity.
- Utilize video surveillance – Properly placed and implemented surveillance acts as both a deterrent for crime and a means of determining fault in the case of an accident, which can serve to protect both your customers and your business.
- Include an ADA ramp installation – Following ADA guidelines and installing a ramp on the exterior of your business allows easier access, preventing injury to the disabled and currently injured — some of the most common at-risk individuals for falling.
- Apply sealcoating to your parking lot – Sealcoating is a preventative measure that can minimize damage to your parking lot due to weather, oil, corrosives, and UV rays This means fewer cracks, and consequently, fewer areas for tripping that can lead to a fall.
- Ensure all parking lot striping is clear and easy to see – While you can’t make everyone park properly, you do increase the likelihood of proper parking procedures when you provide clearly defined parking spaces. This can reduce the risk of crashes and vehicular injuries on your property.
Make Sure Your Customers Enjoy a Safe Parking Lot with Asphalt Repairs
In the Tampa area, more than 90% of road and parking surfaces are made using asphalt. Asphalt is durable, it’s cost-effective, and when properly maintained, it’s quite handsome. However, most businesses do not adequately maintain their lots, let alone repair them when signs of damage begin to show.
This is a huge mistake, especially for how simple asphalt repairs are in the hands of experienced professionals! Potholes caused by poor Parking Lot Drainage, fatigue cracks, peeling are candidates for repair. This is the ideal answer to all of these problems, and are central to providing your customers with a safe parking lot.
Professional Asphalt Repair in Tampa from ACPLM
Your business deserves to have a safe parking lot that both functions well and looks great. ACPLM is a full-service parking lot and asphalt service company with over 50 years of combined industry experience. Whether you need asphalt repairs, ADA ramp installation, Sealcoating, or other paving services, our team can provide dependable, cost-effective solutions that offer the utmost in parking lot workmanship.
Learn more about how to provide your customers with a safe parking lot by reaching out to ACPLM at 813-633-0548 now to schedule a no-cost consultation.